View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: How will C3V units affect the Metagame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
First, bolded for emphasis in my earlier message.

Honestly, it's a bit silly to say it plays no sort of role in your army-selection decisions. After all, at least pre-2017, you wouldn't have played an army that has a major problem with bleeding points early and then losing on time. Saying the army is highly resistant to that problem is just the converse of that. (Note, again, that I phrased it as "not vulnerable to slow play from your opponent", not "designed to win on time".)

For my part, despite not playing these sorts of 1x squad armies (unless you count 1x glads), I have considered how sensitive my main event army is to the time limits every year. It's why, for example, I never played Marro Warriors before 2017 (very strong on day 2, didn't always get to use that value on day 1). (I haven't played MW in the last three years either, but I'm no longer opposed to them on principle.)
I can honestly say I don't consider time limits when building armies. I finish probably 98% of my tournament games. I actually brought armies similar to what I currently bring back in the day (2013: 2x PKs, 2x WoA, Concan, Eltahale; 2015: Nakita, Krav, Skahen, Otonashi, Raelin). Every one of those games finished, and every main event game I've played in the last few years have finished too.

I also don't play MW, but that's simply because I think they're too strong in competent hands.