View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2018, 10:59 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 11/14/18!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
This map is beautiful. How well are the bulkier double-spaced figures able to move around on it? Do you find there are a lot of spaces they have trouble getting to or attacking in melee? Think TKN, Nilfheim, Quahon, etc.
Thanks so much!

Those side sections can definitely be more challenging to maneuver - and there are a couple spots for each of those figures you named where they wouldn't fit (though some of that could be eliminated by removing battlements on the edges of the map - I wouldn't be opposed to somebody doing that if they wanted, but I think it looks cooler with them there...). However, I think the most important thing to mention is that there is not a spot on the map where those larger figures wouldn't be able to get adjacent to an enemy figure to attack it, but it may take a bit of adjusting in order to get there, and it might not be the most desirable location for the larger figure. Personally, I'm okay with that because it's realistic without being too limiting.

Here are some pics I took with the figures you mentioned. Once again, each has a couple places it can't fit in, but overall, I think they fit in alright (though certainly that would depend on other figures on the board as well). Quahon is definitely the hardest to fit overall out of the figures you named. The largest problems would probably come with trying to fit two larger figures in that area. Nilfheim and Quahon together would be the most difficult, but there are a handful of ways they can both fit in there.

Tor-Kul-Na Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Quahon Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Nilfheim Pics
Spoiler Alert!

So in short, if you anticipate playing lots of large/huge figures, you'd be more comfortable on a more open map, but I think this map could handle most situations okay.

Hope that helps!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog