View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ashes felt like a next-generation dueling card game. The game play doesn't - by design - allow for big turns like you see in similar games. You can use powerful tools immediately but you can only do one thing at a time, and some things use more or precious resources that will limit your options later.

And lots of pretty dice.
Bumping this post because I just watched a review calling it "Magic 3.0." I remembered my "next-generation" comment here & was glad to see somebody else shared my opinion.

Here's the video. I think he speaks for me, too, about all of it:

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 7th, 2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: He also says, "If you don't like this kind of game, you should try it anyway." Agreed. This is Good Stuff.