View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Is the idea that those are throwing weapons? Why does he get to keep throwing, when he's only holding two and there are no others on his body, AFAICT? I don't see the connection between the mechanics and the mini. I also agree with @wriggz that three powers triggering on attack seems like a bit much; even if they can all be arranged to fit together so as not to cause rule problems, it feels unrestrained.

Nobody asked me, but I'll offer my opinion anyway, here as well as later, in private, if it gets that far. Too many attack powers and no mini-based reason for the Range of 3. I didn't participate in workshopping this unit, if it went through the process, but if I had I might have suggested dropping the Range to 1 and changing one of the attack powers to a Vydar-themed defense power, to help him get to his targets. That would be valuable both thematically and mechanically, to develop the theme of the needle in the dark.

I like where this is going very much. I don't think it's done yet, though.

Here endeth my unsolicited 2 cents.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =