View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Great Controversy -- or Is It Really?

First, I totally agree with hate the sin, love the sinner (no matter what the sin). This is stated throughout the Bible. Judgment is for God alone, not us.

Second, it is clear that the Bible states that homosexual relations are sinful acts (both in the old and new testaments).

Third, I completely disagree with the statement that the Bible isn't God's word. If you want to discuss the accuracy of one translation or another, fine, but the original text was written by God through the Spirit working in select men. As soon as we go down the road that the Bible is fallible man's word and not God's infallible truth, then we start picking and choosing what we want to believe that best fits what we want to do. With no absolute truth, man will change what is right and wrong to fit his goals. A look at man's brutal treatment of other men through history shows what that gets us. And yes I know a lot of that brutality was done by men claiming to be doing God's work, but obviously it was their own work which they were trying to justify by perverting God's word.

Again, I say hate the sin, love the sinner.