View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2019, 11:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I should have been clear about that. Sorry. They were meant to be a faction, since they come together as a set.

At this point, I'm just going to scrap the entire design. You will not be seeing it again. Too many aspects of the design are bothering people, and if the minis being metal minis is going to be a problem as well, the design doesn't really matter in the first place.
First of all, I hope you reconsider, @Leaf_It . I don't think anyone in VC was opposed to the mechanics of your design or the minis you selected. I am personally excited about both. I was even persuaded away from my initial impression that Tenacity would not be interesting; your post talking about it made it seem very interesting indeed!

Please reconsider. I think you are close with the power names. (Maybe you are already posting in the Pre-SOV Workshop and I haven't checked back in yet)

--

In other news, wow. I knew that many customs designers had set their sights on Soldiers of Valhalla to the exclusion of all else. I've always thought that was disappointing. What I did not know was that others in the community felt negative about VC because of that. If there is something I can do to ameliorate those negative feelings, I would like to know.

I was going to write something about how I'm sad that the "good old days" of people creating lots of customs that *aren't* a good fit for the canon have gone. But then I thought about it some more. While we have some creators, like Scytale, that create a lot of content that is ready to stride right into the canon, we have quite a few that have created a lot of content that is not so constrained. Stroll through the works of @Lazy Orang , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @TheSparkleInYourWater , or @wriggz , just to name a few. Our community is much smaller than it used to be, so it makes sense that the total output would be smaller. VC is now a part of the community so it does make sense that some part of the community would direct themselves that way.

With that said, I *would* like to see some more submissions of *other people's* existing customs rather than self-nominations.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV