View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2019, 01:05 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] UNIT NAME (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Pod 0 - Design

Personally, I like the idea of making the Eldrazi Ruiner some kind of eldritch horror the most. An alien from a black hole is a similar theme, but I find it to be a bit more of a stretch to explain why the creature is a shiny purple. That's largely just a thematic preference, though; I've always wanted to see gravity explored as a gameplay mechanic, and there's plenty of compelling space to explore there.

One idea that I had on the Discord server was this:
Quote:
Gravity Crush Special Attack
Range 1. Attack Special.
When attacking with Gravity Crush Special Attack, roll X attack dice, where X is the height of the defending figure.
Preferably, this would be paired with a relatively low normal attack--say 4 or even 3--to make the effect more distinct on gameplay. Against most figures, Gravity Crush will be a strong but single hit, whereas against Jotun (or heaven forbid, the Marro Hive) and other large figures, the attack is extremely powerful. It's also just a fun twist on an existing stat that generally goes unused on most maps.

Since this guy is the biggest and most intimidating figure in AotV, I think that a high price point (probably in the 200 range) would be justified. We could certainly go lower, but one of the fantasies of HeroScape is often taking one large, super powerful figure (be it the dragons or other huge sculpts) and investing a ton of points into it. The Ruiner is the best fit for that role in my eyes, although I wouldn't be opposed to seeing something like Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM) again, who basically falls into the same category despite being medium.