View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2015, 01:58 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Pluto (Playtesting Phase)

I ran some games with Pluto as a solo-hero. At first I was skeptical about him still being useful, but after three games he felt about spot on. He goes really nice with units like Ms. Marvel, and works great with a shield (Lurkers work very nicely for that I found out). If he can score kills he's not going to do great, but if he can, he can be a real force to reckon with. I did find he had a lot of trouble holding unto the Helm, though what made it worse was that I was playing on Crash Landing and the enemy just kept placing it in molten lava, effectively removing it from the game.

Overall, he gets a from me.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Pluto

Army Test
Map: Crash Landing (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Pluto, Ms. Marvel, Atom, Fire Ant Swarm x1 (840 points) VS Captain Mar-Vell, Kree Scouts x11 (840 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Pluto, Robot, Lurker x10 (890 points) VS Nick Fury, SHIELD Agents x3, Spider-Woman, Mockingbird (890 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Pluto, Ms. Marvel, Lurkers x9 (1,005 points) VS The Hood, Scorpion, Wizard, Intergang Agents x4 (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Pluto works nicely at 430. His stats plus range immunity can make him real tough to take down, and if he consistently scores kills, he can throw some really big attacks. He does definitely rely on having a screen and/or other big targets on his team though; overall, I could see him coming in anywhere in the 400-430 range.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Pluto makes for a fun tank figure, especially with his Helm thrown in. Deciding whether to use Lord of Hades for offense or defense makes for some interesting play.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!