View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2021, 03:54 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Velnesh Alphas (Leyline Phantoms) - Playtesting

I ran two games with the Velnesh today. Thanks to a strange turn of events, I only had access to a random assortment of figures, the AotP boxes, and lots of Grok Riders, so I made due with what I had.

CUSTOM MAP:
Spoiler Alert!

440 Points
No Glyphs
Dawn: 3x Grok Riders, Me-Burq-Sa
Astro: Raelin (SotM), Deathwalker 8000, 1x Microcorp Troopers, Velnesh Alphas

GAME SUMMARY:
Spoiler Alert!

SURVIVING UNITS:
4x Grok Riders
~170 Points Left

POWER USAGE:
Shift and Blink were used almost every turn. The Velnesh wouldn't have survived as long without teleporting out of extra engagements with Blink, and Shift was used to escape unfavorable engagements and grab height on the others. Both powers were super fun and useful.

Total Damage Dealt: 3x Grok Riders ("130 Points")
Remember these are Groks. 130 is on the high end as far as estimates go.

THOUGHTS:
They felt pretty fair and balanced. They can be terrifying when the dice go their way, but 4 defense ensures that they'll whiff often enough that it'll hurt. I'll write up the other game I ran with these guys later, but I'm content with sending them on at this point.