View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
In response to a couple of criticisms of Krysto's units, even though I voted on all of them, I thought it would be fair to him to clear up a couple misunderstandings.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post

1. The Blood Raptors do not, as I read the card, give 3 attacks per OM. They give one attack and movement of two additional Raptors, which must be adjacent to the targeted attackee. The wording is not horrible but it was, apparently, enough to confuse a couple of my fellow judges which is not a great recommendation for the card either. Also even with only one attack per OM I still think there's way too much going on for a 30 point hero.
Yeah, if the intent was that the figures could only move and not attack than the wording is confusing since it states that the moved figures must end their move engaged to the same figure as the original attacking figure. When speaking of moving to engage a figure that usually means attacking it.
So, I concede my misunderstanding. Of course an ability that easily misunderstood (I say that only because I wasn't the only one to misunderstand it) shows a need for some wordsmithing.
That was my concern as well, I like the idea, but the power is confusing and the way I read it was too powerful. Thanks DS, for straightening me out, and I like how it works…but it needs a point increase and some wordsmithing before the review process.

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in, KC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
ALERT - random KC theoryscape ramblings about proposed figures coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post

Asmodeus - I actually like the look, feel and power level of this guy. When compared to Me-Burq-Sa, I don't think he's much stronger, if at all. He doesn't have range (which greatly weakens his 2 special powers compared to MBS) and has pretty low survivability, but would be a fun and balanced figure, I think. I don't know that Arrow Gruts need all these new bonding heroes, though.
His low survivability and non-range are what, I think, keeps him from being broken; I agree with you on those points. Where I think he doesn't pass muster is that his Adder's Venom is too good, IMHO. If it was simply rolling an attack die for each venom marker, or reducing M,R,A, and D for each venom marker I think I could have gone for that. But having both of those plus rolling an attack die for each wound marker just seemed to be too much.
That’s what I had problem with as well LC. It’s venom was too powerful in my opinion for only 50 points.

Also thanks KC for your input…please feel free to stop by at anytime

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA