View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2019, 11:48 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 12/11 - LEAD VENGEANCE 2

I like where this is all going, a lot. Good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Hah! Actually, I think that version of Shootout is wrong
It seems the thing that's "wrong" is that it's limited to a two-man Shootout (the chaining got lost in the revisions). I'm working on a possible idea to restore that using the "you may continue as long as" template, but in the meantime here are a few thoughts on Posse.
  • The requirement to have an OM on Clayton seems too important — and too unusual — to come at the end of the text. Adapting one of the templates that starts out "[blah blah blah] you may use [name of power]" can put that very important/unusual condition right up front, and will also make that sentence a bit shorter.

• How about using "Lawman" as a shortcut instead of "Hero"? It's more specific (from a standardization perspective, it would be clearer in contexts where you are also referencing some other hero who is not a lawman, such as an outlaw). Existing powers do use the more specific label; for example, Beorn Boltcutter's UPGRADE has you choose a Soulborg Hero but then shortcuts it (twice) by saying "that Soulborg" (rather than that Hero). This also makes the text read more thematically, so it's a clarity and theme win/win.

• The two instances of "each" in the same sentence are redundant.

• There are different official ways to refer to "taking that [blah]'s turn." I'd recommend using the shorter one since you'll need to do it multiple times and these specials are not going to be short (especially Shootout).

• Since this works with unique or common Lawman Heroes, according to Scape wording conventions your text has to explicitly acknowledge the multiple-army-card issue. (More on this below.)
Thus my suggested tweak would look like this:
POSSE
When there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may use Posse. After revealing an Order Marker on a Lawman Hero you control and before taking that Lawman’s turn, you may move each other Lawman Hero you control with an unrevealed Order Marker on its Army Card (or cards if you have more than one common card for that figure) up to 5 spaces each. Other Lawmen moved with Posse must begin their movement within clear sight of Clayton Pierce.
Back on the common Lawman issue, you could potentially have hordes of common deputies and get to move them all with just a single OM on one of the common cards. If you don't want that, then you may want to consider limiting this to "move each other Unique Lawman Hero you control...."

Although, if you're going to limit it to uniques then you may not need the OM requirement. You could let the player just move all his unique lawman heroes, or maybe all the ones within a certain proximity to Clayton.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list