Thread: D&D Power Creep
View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: D&D Power Creep

I haven't observed any power creep.

Amazing, really, that there hasn't been. I've argued elsewhere that the newer units from D1 - D3 are competitive and interesting and I stand by that remark.

But compare Rise of the Valkyrie & the units from that magic box: Airborne Elite, Raelin, Grimnak, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors and Sgt. Drake all continue to have tournament relevance even today, and the others - Finn, Mimring, Carr - are borderline candidates who make frequent appearances in our casual games.

Power creep? No, I don't think so. The Dx units have been relevant, interesting, and balanced.

I have *aesthetic* issues with some of them, but that's not what you asked.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =