View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2018, 10:58 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: UPDATE! Patreon is up and more news about my upcoming ga

I completely missed this earlier, so I wasn't aware that HeroScape had actually been trademarked again (albeit, not by Hasbro). I'd kill to know the details of your communication with them, as it's very interesting to know that they were seemingly willing to sell it before eventually refusing. It makes me more hopeful that someone like @Craig Van Ness (who in all likelihood has better connections to Hasbro) can eventually acquire the necessary rights to continue the game.

I think that this is further evidence that Hasbro won't be continuing the game in the foreseeable future, though. If they were planning on relaunching the game, I can't imagine that they would let the trademark expire, or at least they certainly wouldn't let it lay unregistered for years. Just because a company holds tightly onto its properties doesn't mean that they have any plans of using them soon (just look at how Activision sat on Crash Bandicoot for so long). It was already pretty apparent that Hasbro wasn't interested in more HeroScape, but this cements the notion in my eyes.

With all of this said, I don't own a 3D Printer or have the necessary skills to make things like this look good: one of the draws of HeroScape to me was that I could just buy a box of figures that were ready to go. I wish you the best of luck, @Isak , but I don't know if you'll be able to find enough support from people with 3D Printers to make this work as well. It might just be the pessimist in me talking, though.

Is the game that you mentioned going to also require a 3D Printer, or are you hoping to get it in stores?

Last edited by Astroking112; January 10th, 2018 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Added more questions.