View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post

Gnoll Faction
---------------
Followers of Valkrill - Gnolls naturally follow the demon lord (Yeenoghu).
Gnolls like to attack when they have the advantage of numbers, using horde tactics and their physical strength to overwhelm and knock down their opponents. They show little discipline when fighting unless they have a strong leader; at such times, they can maintain ranks and fight as a unit. While they do not usually prepare traps, they do use ambushes and try to attack from a flanking position.

I have tried to keep true to the vision of the Gnolls from DnD background. Many of their abilities reflect some of these tactics.

Costs
  • Warchief is priced a little higher, he has some of the sunken costs that the Warband might have on their own.
  • They are priced at 20 per figure, higher than the per figure cost of many of the other Bonding Squads(Knights Weston, Heavies, Dwarves...)
  • Try to envision them as a 80 point squad for 4.
Gameplay choices
The Gnolls offer some very unique play choices when it comes to using your heroes. Can you afford to wade in with the heavy hitting War Chief and his his powerful attacks? Once he falls the warband is disfunctional and really loses alot of its power. There are times you need to risk and jump into the fray with the Chief. Not only do you lose your most powerful hero, you also lose the ability to move and attack with an extra Gnoll squad member.

Thanks to Scytale as I have borrowed some aspects of the Warband(Pack Attack) at his blessing.
I am leaning towards going to 3 Def over 4. Not that I don't think 4 is balanced, just I feel like it might still overshoot the power level I was looking for the unit. That testing is still going on.

I do however, ask that people would take a small amount of time and fill out a questionnaire I drew up to better gauge the public response to the gnolls. It is anonymous, thanks guys.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.