View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:34 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

My wife just picked up Titanfall (X360) for me for my birthday. I hate that you start with only iron sights and only an assault rifle, a shotty, and a pistol. And wow, that game is a total lagfest. I guess they have their own servers for the game, but my goodness, they need to get these people with 2/5 connection quality out of here. I can't stand trying to kick a guy that's standing dead still on a building to only have him disappear three feet to my right and kill me instead. I've been so close to pulling the disc out of my xbox and using it as firewood.

Lag issues aside, I do like the general idea they are going for with the game. I find myself running around with camo, minion detector, and a silenced weapon, so that I can avoid the idiots with trash connection and just kill the AI for points, and to speed my Titanfall along. I also really like the mobility a player has, everyone has a weak jetpack on their bums that allows for a small double jump and some wall running. It's almost like spiderman, just no webs. I love running on the sides of buildings cloaked and sneaking up on sniper players on the rooftops and murdering them with my boot or the silenced weapon.

That player mobility is something I haven't seen since Bionic Commando on X360, I was a total beast at that one, owning whole clans of 3-4 people by myself.

All in all, once you've played the game for a cumulative two hours, you've seen everything it has to offer. The "campaign" is a sad attempt, it just makes you play online vs matches, either a "king of the hill" or straight slayer, and that's it. The game seriously needs more content, there seems to be only like 8 maps. Not worth $60 IMO, but it's a game that any shooter fan shouldn't pass on. They will need a Titanfall 2 that offers a bit more, this game is good at its core, but it stops there.