Thread: Legoboy's Maps
View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:31 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Legoboy's Maps

I appreciate everyone's encouragement and kind words. I loved playing with Legos as a boy (and now, even with 4 kids of my own). My imagination was only limited by the amount of bricks available. I never subscribed to the less is more theory when it came to toys. More Legos means more possibilities.

I feel the same way with Heroscape. I have 7 or 8 RotVs, 2 SotMs, 6 RttFFs, 2 VWs, 2 TTs, 4 FotAs and 3 TJs. I also purchased additional castle ruins and sparkly water tiles from Sandra way, way back in 05. I never imagined that building landscapes could be this fun.

I'm a huge fan of LOS blockers. Anytime you can hide your figs and keep the other guys from shooting you is just good fun. When building for my own enjoyment I almost always use more trees than reasonable. My wife hates the trees. I think they are great. I've made maps where I haven't used trees but still have LOS blockers. I use tiles stacked 5 and 6 high to simulate rugged terrain and boulders. Like I said earlier your imagination is only limited by the amount of terrain available.

I appreciate your taking the time to read this, appreciate your praise for the maps, and hope that I can continue to keep people happy with the maps that I post. I build them just for my own enjoyment, but if you like them too, then that's all good.