View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Drax - Design phase

I think this Drax should probably be a "Hunter" rather than a "Destroyer." The old "Space Hulk" version would probably work better as a "Destroyer." And I'd prefer Relentless to Driven, but that's just personal preference.

Species is a tough one to pin down... for those unaware, Arthur Douglas was originally a human, but he died, and his soul was placed in an artificial body made from the Earth's soil. Golem is correct but seems a bit odd as a Species. Entity is probably our best "catch-all" but that's not quite right either. Any other ideas?

Dwi Theet is cool. I would have just done Double Attack, but that's an inventive mechanic, definitely suits the character. On the other hand, I'd like to split Singular Purpose up - I think it reads cleaner this way and I don't think we're hurting for space. Also makes Singular Purpose reusable (though I'm not sure if we'd ever really want to).

SINGULAR PURPOSE
At the beginning of the game, choose an opponent's Unique or Event Hero. While the chosen Hero is on the battlefield, Drax can only attack the chosen Hero. After the chosen Hero takes a turn, you may move Drax up to 3 spaces. He must end this move closer to the chosen Hero than his original placement. When Drax moves with this special power, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

BANE OF THANOS
If an opponent controls Thanos, the Hero chosen for Singular Purpose must be Thanos. If Drax attacks Thanos with a normal attack, add 2 additional dice to his attack.