View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2018, 11:27 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I love the flavor and direction of this guy--it reminds me a little bit of C3G's Mysterio and Mysterio Holograms, which is probably my favorite design that I've seen there--and he seems like a wonderful interpretation of an Illusionist!

Like others have said, I do see a few potential problems, though. I completely agree with @ollie that Recurring Illusions should be on Jinn's card, and the movement bonding should be shifted to the squad if needed to compensate. That would also serve another concern of mine, which is that letting Jinn move "all Illusions you control up to 5 spaces" could really restrict the design space for future illusion units from the Arena sets.

I also agree with @bmon : why does Jinn have to kill a unit to create another illusion? It feels too much like the zombies to me, and if something has to die for an illusion to be summoned, then I think it makes more sense to activate when your own units are destroyed (personally, I'm fond of either being able to revive one automatically with Jace or via a D20 roll).

I also believe that Jinn's design is more suited to have a ranged attack than a melee one, since he can use the illusions to distract and tie down opponents (I also don't see an illusionist brawling opponents up close thematically), but Double Attack with a strong base attack could also be interesting.

Finally, I also think that @Scytale has a very strong point: at essentially 180 points, Jinn is practically forced to be a centerpiece in most army sizes. Either dropping the price or leaving the room open for more illusions to work well with him is a good idea.