View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2021, 06:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Much of what I was going to say has already been said, so to be brief, I agree that Hunters' Howl and Search for Prey would be best combined into one power. I'm also a bit skeptical that both powers are absolutely required, since they each are helping combat the inherent weaknesses of a 2-figure squad, but I could see the decision point being interesting.

Letting all Wulfing Hunters move 2 spaces is fairly concerning to me, though. Outside of 500 point games, that's going to be a lot of free movement for many figures. Obviously, the Granite Guardians already do something similar, but the limit to 1 space, higher cost-per-figure, and lower move makes it feel more reasonable to me. I think that limiting it to up to 6 Wulfing Hunters moving would help by putting a hard cap for the sake of high-point casual games, help speed up the game a bit, and feel more in line with other positioning powers like Protective Repositioning or (more critically) Hunting Party.

The only other qualm that I have is Silent Stalkers as a power name. I've never been super fond of that name, but I think that something evoking "Camouflage" really fits the miniatures fantastically and more immediately paints a picture for why they're invisible when unengaged.

More generally, I have severe reservations that Hunter Strategic Bonding would pass UFR. There were several people expressing sentiment that either (A) Himmelskralle is concerning as a bonding figure or (B) they don't want to see Hunter become a normal bonding class. This version is both better with Himmelskralle and more akin to normal bonding than the previous draft. I don't necessarily share these concerns, but I think that you should be aware that they exist and were a point of tension internally.