View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2019, 05:46 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Disengage doesn't really seem to be a D&D world Orc thing, but it's always been a Grut Orc thing. I suspect the mini isn't Grut Orc blue, so it's probably non-Grut, but that hasn't stopped us before. This one does seem similar to a Death Chaser, so I assumed D&D.

Which means it isn't an inherent thing, but I do see it as valuable to the design. This guy wants to rush in and burn out quickly, and having the freedom to get to a high priority target is valuable.
Yeah, Valkrill/green orcs and Utgar/blue orcs are definitely different despite sharing a species. This design itself seems like it's leaning more towards the green orc side, given the Valkrill general and Death Chaser ties.

Disengage is always valuable, but I feel like it's overused in the filler category (thanks partially to how many ninja-like fillers we already have). Given that Olog wants to get in and deal a heavy blow, I'd rather see him focus on that aspect rather than having more freedom to choose his targets or get past screens. Of course Disengage would be a useful way of making it easier for him to hit his mark, but I think that the design itself would be stronger if that was cut in favor of an extra life or attack die, which lets him lean more into what makes him unique.

He isn't a ninja out to assassinate a key figure, so it'd be nice if he played a bit more like a brutish orc. Giving him a higher life value (much like Valguard had) would be enough to give him some freedom about leaving engagement attacks without going the full Disengage route, in my eyes, or the extra attack power would lean into his strength once he makes his big strike. Either direction seems more compelling than Disengage here to me.