View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2011, 08:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: 'Scaper Family Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Very nice! I like the look of it, but height is not spread well- it is all on level 1, except for the hill. The hill also is not blocked well LoS-wise. They can shoot to the side easily, and demolish the road leading to the hill.

I would make a couple of edits on the hill, and with height if you plan on a V2. Otherwise, it looks quick paced and exciting to play on!

-Robber

Edit- Oh, and maybe battlements...
Thanks, Robber.

Your checklist, all the way down to the battlements, is a good one and those are things I thought about. I wanted to make something that didn't feel like a variation of other maps, but was still an enjoyable, interesting and fair map.

Conceptually, my thought was the glyph would pull action to one end, the height to the other, and the relatively short distance between start zones could pull armies right through the middle. The "height" end of the map is the one I'm struggling with most.

Anyway, thanks for your input. No doubt you're mostly right.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =