View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:46 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: The Boards of Online Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
So, AU,

I thought the easiest, and most accurate measuring stick for resizing the maps would be to use the Hive: it's huge, and it's the only unit that occupies the full shape and size of real hexes. Plop it down on a map, and then resize the map until the six hexes under the Hive perfectly fit it.

But if you do that, then all the other figures end up being a bit larger. The bases of normal figures almost touch the sides of the hexes, unlike real life, where they had lots of wiggle room; and D3 figures such as Moltenclaw spill out beyond the hex.

So I'm guessing that you guys decided, for visual clarity, to size figures a bit larger relative to the board than they would be in real life? Seems fine to me. Might affect LoS in a couple of cases, but I don't think anyone will ever care. And as long as the figures will still just be contained within the hexes, it doesn't look bad. Only the handful of D3 figures are a problem. (Molty, Frost Giant, Ice Troll, and.... who's the fourth D3?)

If that's how you guys intended things, give the word, and I'll go ahead and use the Hive as the basemark.

So tell me, oh online-TDs: do you want the boards here resized with the Hive as the benchmark, leaving all figures a bit larger than in real life, assuming that was your intention?