View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2022, 03:50 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

I'd like to nominate Percolator by @Ulysses .

1x RotV, 1x TJ, 1x Small Ruin

As a judge, I try not to nominate too many maps. More specifically, I've been limiting it to maps that have appeared at GenCon/ScapeCon (although there are really only a few others that I'd even want to nominate at this point- I'm very happy with how WoS has progressed).

Percolator was my second favorite of the non-WoS maps in the ScapeCon II pool (only behind Desolation). Approaching the middle of the board is very balanced- you almost always develop partially to the center, and partially to one of the sides. I've had success going both directions, in large part thanks to the nice balance Ulysses has struck with jungle to the lower ground on the left, and the ruin and higher ground to the right.

This is also one of the first maps (the first?) to use 1x RotV, but doubling up on one of the ruins (in this case, the small). I'm a fan of this practice when it improves a map- especially when one of our maps, Battlefield_23, doesn't use any ruins.