View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2022, 04:52 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
FWIW I don't see the value in being negative or critical of the campaign at this time. While I agree with many of the criticisms, I'm not sure what value there is in repeating them. The game coming back will be a boon for all of us, and I'd rather see folks directing their energy in a positive direction, looking at the highlights and upsides rather than focusing on the mistakes and downers.
I mean, there have been a lot of posts with folks wondering why this doesn't have more support or actively encouraging folks to leverage the full force of their finances to make it happen, which seems like it invites a response from other folks. If that response isn't wanted, I guess that's OK, but it feels a bit like trying to silence criticism or different perspectives, which doesn't feel super healthy for the community.

We're all rooting for this to be successful, but I feel like it's fair to have an open, safe place to express where we're coming from, even if it's not all gung-ho positive. Suggesting otherwise feels like a bit of a "loyalty test" that I fear will make folks feel marginalized from the community. I was pretty heavily feeling that way the other day when I was told that we shouldn't be critical at all, just positive, and then was told to "go away" when I pushed back at that idea.

I hope our goal for folks who don't feel this is an incredible success so far isn't to get them to "go away." Personally I care a lot more about the health of the community after this campaign than the success of the campaign itself.
Sure, I'm just tired of reading the same criticisms over and over again. Yeah, we get it--there are multiple ways this campaign could be different that would make more sense to us. But it's not different, it is what it is. And what it is is our only chance to get Heroscape back on the shelves at stores and in our homes.
I disagree, being vocal is a legitimate way to get Hasbro to change things. This very afternoon they modified the Ghost Rider Haslab and included a new stretch goal, that just last week they said they wouldn't be doing.