View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2019, 10:23 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 1 until 9/8)

I got the win vs. flameslayer. I had my Demons and he had his Rebels. I opened with Krav and picked off a Capuan and he rushed me with the Capuans. Things turned into a bit off a mess outside my startzone but eventually Corvor came in and started clearing things out. He and the Acolytes killed a few Capuans, then Corvor disengaged from Prixus to fly at the rebel startzone and take height on the Sharpshooters. He tied them up and they could barely even threaten to do damage with no Crackshot and his -1 attack power. He used his D20 power and attack to clear out while the Acolytes cleaned up Crixus and a few other squad figures. Nathaniel Blount died in the startzone to Corvor normal attacks and didn't use any of his powers.

Right now I think Corvor and the Acolytes are really strong. It feels like Greenscales and a Dragon except you want to stay away from your dragon instead of being close to it, which is a slight advantage as being able to spread is great. Also the dragon has a built in incredible survivability booster (the -1 attack power). Also you don't lose anything when your dragon dies so you don't have to worry as much about him dying. They can blow themselves up frequently and Corvor can kill them too (what's nice is you can never do both on the same turn) but honestly it doesn't feel like it matters because Acolytes are so cheap. IMO the proper dial to turn is tuning down Corvor as it would be nice to see the Acolytes playable with the existing Demons.