View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2015, 12:03 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
From TKN's bio:
Yeah, I also went back and read the bio after I made my post, and that does indeed appear to be what they were thinking for TKN. The problem comes when we try to apply the same logic to Su-Bak-Na: it just doesn't make sense that an animated, undead dragon would heal itself by physically munching on living beings. Heck, the thing doesn't even have a stomach any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Now, I don't remember where I saw it and I could not find it quickly enough, but I am almost positive I read somewhere that Su-Bak-Na's mount is actually a modified wulsinu, the same species as the marrden hounds, and not in fact a reanimated dragon skeleton.
I actually hope somebody didn't claim that officially. It sounds pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, I was also going to point out that the Nagrubs don't say "we can be eaten by any big, living-or-undead-or-ambiguously-alive creature with a big stomach that is being ridden by a hivelord." They don't even reference eating at all. They basically just say "we can be destroyed by a hivelord." If there were an alternate figure of Su-Bak-Na without his dragon (not out of the question at all; it's a perfectly sensible thing to do with our extra copies of the figure who've lost their wings, which seems to happen a lot), and if that alternate version were still a Hivelord, then he would still heal by destroying Nagrubs.

So I suspect we have to allow both story explanations.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; May 17th, 2015 at 12:30 AM.