View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2019, 12:02 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I don't think that a leader should necessitate hogging OMs. There are many more inventive ways to tie an army together, and I hate the idea of every faction leader being an Ulginesh/Kato/Kantono/Lao Xin. We've seen enough of those OM sinks, and I'd like to see a new type of leader that encourages players to spread them out for a change. It fits the Western theme pretty well, too, in my eyes, especially since we have so many disparate unique Lawmen already.

That said, I do think that Scytale has a point. You're probably going to put at least one OM per round on Clayton for the Posse movement, and unless you're concerned that he might die, there's not really much of a reason to put OMs on any of his companions as it stands (other than Guilty to get a better chance at triggering the Shootout, of course). Since none of them can do anything but attack during the Shootout, the mechanical difference between taking the first shot with Clayton or James/Johnny is practically nonexistent (since each will likely roll 3 dice), which is why it would make sense to cut the fat and simplify the card a little bit.

That said, I still don't like the idea of Clayton being another OM hog. Perhaps some other combo of triggers (such as keeping Posse as a once-per-round power for him, but making Shootout only trigger from other Unique Lawmen or the like) could result in a simpler card that still feels unique and encourages spreading out OMs.

As for Posse, if I'm understanding everything correctly, I believe that one of the main complaints against it is that it is movement bonding, but the wording is significantly more complex. I think that it'd be simpler to just ape the official wording and add a "once per round" stipulation. My apologies if I misunderstood this, but I think that it's worth bringing up anyway, especially if a "Before taking a turn" power can't be used in tandem with an "Instead of taking a turn" power, since that was the original reason for the different wording.