View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2021, 01:52 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Dreadgul Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
That's how we ruled it in game but its ambiguous. I can very easily see a rules-lawyer argue for the opposite.

For example, if I have 5 Dreadguls engaged and moved none, I declare attacks and targets one-by-one. I do not have to declare which 3 are attacking prior to rolling attack dice.

Because of this precedent, its reasonable to say that the two of the three that moved are still ambiguous.

I feel like I'm not being super clear, but that could be because its midnight. I hope this makes sense.
I would argue exactly this. Range units in particular get this benefit all the time- choosing which Stinger will shoot next based on what happened in prior attacks that turn, for example. Also, I’ve definitely chosen not to move a Tarn during its normal move, but then moved it during the berserker (due to where the berserkering Tarn could move). The “choose which units” obviously doesn’t matter with a unique squad, but again, it’s more weight against having to declare things in advance.