View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2022, 03:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Smurf along with me: la la la-la la la!

Hey @Xorlof , I know you listed a bunch of Volunteer Opportunities below. How many of those are still outstanding? How close is this project to being a reality? I would love to have a complete collection of these cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
OK, I'm officially back at this project. (Yay!) Here some notes on getting this moved along to the next steps and opportunities for YOU to be able to help.

1) Next week, I will post a few additional sample cards with ideas I've had over the time this has been on hiatus. I'll do some straw polls for input and come up with a final template in the first (web-friendly) format. The week of April 13 is the goal to have that done.

2) The first format for the template will be able to (mostly) automatically fill in all of the card text and symbols if given an appropriate spreadsheet/database with that information. Volunteer opportunity: Can we get someone to create and populate this database? Something like @DanieLoche 's neat spreadsheet (link) would be pretty ideal with special power names separated from their text and in title case. @GaryLASQ 's site (link) is also a possible source for data, but migrating it to a Google Sheet would make it more helpful. Also, we will eventually need VC data in the same format. (I seem to recall that @Just_a_Bill had created a spreadsheet, and I know he is a stickler for accuracy, but I'm unsure where to find it.) I'm guessing C3G might not be a thing in this format now that we have @japes excellent cards closing in on a release. I'm certainly would love to see 'em, but since our resources are pretty thin, it makes sense to concentrate on the others for now.

3) Another related volunteer opportunity: we need people to proofread the data in the spreadsheet, comparing it with cards, to verify its accuracy.

4) Starting with Hasbro/WotC unites, I will upload a bunch of miniature images, probably next week, but maybe the following one. I have already taken the image but just need to find them. Volunteer opportunity: It will GREATLY speed up this project if I can get extra help to (digitally) cut the miniature part of the image out from their white background and their bases (i.e., make the background and bases transparent in the images).

5) Volunteer opportunity after a given image has been isolated from its background, it would be great if someone could create the red/gray hitzone variation of that image with the green eyespot.

6) (In between other tasks I can also make an MSE template for these card formats and assist others with making templates in other formats. If no one else does, I will probably eventually make a template using one of the Adobe products, but that's super low priority for me.)

If nobody steps up to do #2, I can get to it pretty quickly (but don't let that dissuade anyone from stepping up and doing it instead of me ). It is 3, 4 and 5 where the amount of help I have will be very proportional to how quickly this can be done. There are also some other image manipulation tasks I wouldn't mind having help with if there end up being a lot of volunteers, but no need to enumerate them now.

After we've got all of that source stuff, we assemble it all together of course and proofread, proofread, proofread and then release final cards as pdfs/pngs/native-web. All of the results of this project (source files, templates, images, databases, etc.) will be kept online publicly to assist any other projects that could use them.

It feels good to be back!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV