View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
One of the things that I have regretted in C3G is not saying something about Invisible Woman. I even feel a little regretful about She-Hulk. If you negate their powers they crumble. Sure it adds to the strategy of the rest of your team. but a zero defense represents a baby & doesn't depict any sort of intelligence even if they don't know how to defend themselves.
The problem I ran into was giving them a defensive power that hadn't been done before and didn't already have a name tied to it. I think maybe I have a new workable direction?

DALEKANIUM/ADVANCED ARMOR
When rolling defense dice against an attack, a Dalek Drone always adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled, or 2 automatic shields if the attack is a normal attack. Dalek Drones do not take leaving engagement attacks from figures without Super Strength.

Any thoughts?
Quote:
Cybermen...

I like Cyborgs as the species & them being a common squad of 3.

What do you think about Subjugators as a class? I know it's what I had but I still think it fits them perfectly.
Subjugator is a good choice. I like the idea of them having a fairly unique class for synergy purposes. That way all Cybermen can be tagged under "Cyborg Subjugators."

Quote:
I like Cold as a personality but definitely am not against Emotionless.

I like a move of 4. Especially with the Cyber Legion special power.

I think the attack should be at least 3.

Defense is also too low (4) or requiring a special power to balance it. Their armor is all but impenetrable. Remembering these guys go toe-to-toe with the Daleks.
I'm fine with pretty much anything as a personality.

I think 4 move would be good but on land they usually are just that much quicker than the Daleks. Cyber Legion will probably show that well enough even if they end up having the same move numbers.

Attack 3 is also a change I have no problem with.

On defense, a lower number with a special power would be nice, because the current draft of the Sonic would allow the Doctor to bypass that. Maybe just generic Tough or something similar?
Quote:
I don't think Mandatory Conversion is mandatory on this card at all. I think you should handle the conversion side of things all on the DO. I think it should be very similar to the Marro Hive. Allowing you to bring back a destroyed Cyberman when a Cyberman inflicts enough wounds to destroy an opponents figure.
Yeah that's basically what I had in mind. Are you thinking the DO will work off this Draftable DO system I've been hearing about?
Quote:
I don't like rolling the D20 twice for different results of the same power. I don't hate what you have there for Electro Attack I just don't totally love it. What about something like:

Quote:
ELECTRO-TOUCH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die once. The defending figure rolls defense normally. If you inflict 2 or more wounds, you may remove a random order marker from the chosen figure’s card. Destructible objects are not affected by Electro-Touch Special Attack.
I like this. I'll add it in. Not much else to say there.
Quote:
I like Cyber Legion it is a great representation of them. Only question I have is, what do you think you will do with Cyber Leader if it's not going to add something like this?
Thanks! I really wanted to represent those Cybermarches they always seem to be doing. (That sound should be playing in your head just thinking about it.)

To me, a Cyber-Leader/Cyber-Controller would be picking out targets for his troops to attack. The more modern Cybermen seem to share some sort of hive mind, so leadership might not actually be too big a deal to them. I'd also be fine with moving Cyber Legion somewhere else.