View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
We've tried another screen test with a game I recorded a while ago with @Flash_19 and @superfrog . The video isn't the best quality because I wasn't intending to actually release it at the time, but it was a crazy game with a lot of good decision points, so I think the conversation that stemmed from it was really good. Though we were also a bit tired and prone to do bits about the players since we know them a bit better.
@TrueMurray - I'll take being called a scrub considering the joy I felt watching my Havech Eradicators blast through your Havech Eradicators. That and Spiderman dodging all your best attacks. Lol. I felt so loved watching that video.

@BiggaBullfrog - Just because you decimated me last time we played.... lol.

A couple things you guys mentioned that I wanted to comment on:

1) Putting so many order markers on the Warforged. I was definitely very aggressive here, but think I would've played this fairly similar if I played the game again (though I maybe would've put the first order marker on Heirloom in the first round to bring him up as a threat against clumping skeletons - and put the X on him too to keep superfrog guessing). I had thought about bringing up Heirloom after the first round, but with the amount of figures superfrog was able to move each turn, I figure by the time I was able to get Heirloom into position to take shots at Skeletons, he would've been able to disperse them pretty easily so that I was able to only hit 1 (maybe 2 if I was lucky) with Heirloom's Force Orb attack. Even if I'd rolled him up earlier, I don't think superfrog would have had his figures clumped as much as he did. Thus, I deferred to the greater chance of multiple attacks (and the chance of rolling more attack dice) by being more aggressive with the Warforged.
I think Scarcarver works much better at cleanup (as was demonstrated in the video) and I wanted to save him for cleaning up little pockets of skeletons across the board at the end of the game, along with saving him for the moment Nicky came out to start raining havoc.
As far as bringing Guilty up, again, I wanted to utilize the greater number of attacks with more dice.

2) I should've put that turn one order marker on Heirloom instead of Evar like you guys suggested. Bringing him back to attack the 2 skeletons engaged with the Warforged in my startzone would have been much smarter and might have kept him around a little longer.

3) I thought carefully about rushing Scarcarver in to attack Nicky along the top of the map. In the end I decided against it for a number of reasons. I was pretty confident that superfrog had his OM 3 on Nicky (which he did), and I didn't want to expose Scarcarver so much by ending the round in the heart of superfrog's side of the map. While moving along the top of the map, I would've had to have been sure to kill that Skeleton on Wannok with one shot from range, otherwise, superfrog would've moved him up to tie up Scarcarver. If I'd moved Scarcarver adjacent to get the double assault, I didn't think I would be able to reach Nicky to take attacks on him (again assuming OM 3 was on him). Lastly, I wanted to maximize my number of attacks and protect as many figures of mine as I possibly could. So I made True mad and ran back into my start zone like a little scrub.

Anyway. You guys did a good job! I appreciated hearing your perspectives - and there were some really good ideas you guys had in your analysis.

Thanks for doing this!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog