View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Excellent question! That's exactly the kind of thing this thread is for.

Here are a couple of recent posts on the subject, including a link to a story set there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
I don't have any problem with post-human. I love it. Give her the home planet of Arctorus and she'd fit right in.
I admittedly don't know much about Arctorus or post-humans, but I'm not sure why they would hail from that planet.

That said, the race doesn't bother me much anyway (if it's really a problem, just update it to be some failed experiment or a new race on Marr or the like), and the design looks very different from what I generally see suggested. There are some minor problems that I could see with just outright adding skulls to a roll (mostly how it works with powers like Maul), but I'm sure that all of that can be ironed out. Good job, Lazy Orang!
Arctorus was intended to be a blend of Cthonic horror, vast marshy wilderness, and steampunk class structure, with isolated urban pockets of wealth and, importantly, a Star Wars cantina-like blend of oddities. Dagobah, but with a few wealthy Mos Eisleys, and horror instead of Yoda in the swamps. With some steampunk, and without the traditional tropes of fantasy (elves, orcs, etc.).
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112
That's very surprising to me. The figure doesn't seem to have a bio, and I rarely check the basic side, so I had always assumed that he was from a historical version of Earth, like the knights or Samurai... That makes me very curious about Arctorus, now.
I hope the SoV judges will not mind too much if I respond.

We struggled to make Arctorus a fully-formed world, because the Heroscape canon only had so many worlds and we didn't want to add to that fixed number lightly, or frequently. So we probably have a more complete vision of Arctorus than there ever was of, for instance, Grut.

For a window into life on Arctorus, I turn your attention to this story. That story, of course, is set in a marshy wilderness; an urban and wealthy Mos Eisley would be a very different setting.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =