View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Scape Season 23 - Hot Draft Signups until January

I want to play, but I'm not sure if I can. I don't think a draft is up to the balance standards that Online Heroscape has put out.

How? Well, let's say someone brings a draft pool with only a single strong figure. They could easily win games just by winning the diceoff. Now, the diceoff equalizer was invented to prevent these kinds of players from winning the event, but I'm just worried about the early rounds when the equalizer will not have taken effect yet. If I get outdiceoffed in the first round by some n00b who employs this strategy, I could have my online ranking decimated. This is not an option.

Luckily, there is a solution: Cut the Cake Draft! Cut the Cake is the famous solution to prevent players with unbalanced armies from winning in Bring 2, so it's perfect for creating balance here in a draft format. Both players draft an army, then the player who lost the diceoff gets to pick which one he wants. No more winning games by dropping a strong figure in your pool!

Now, the downside to this decision is that dok can no longer take advantage of players who mess up the draft. This is a hard thing for me to let go of, but I think it's necessary.

Can we get a hotfix to the rules to make it Cut the Cake Draft?