View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2019, 03:17 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [AotV] Theme, Lore, and Thormun's Journal

I'm obviously a fan of using the Sea of Sand, but I agree with flameslayer. Outside of maybe a handful of units, I'm not really expecting many of them to originate from Valhalla. I don't want the Master Set's location to limit our designers' creativity, especially since Rise of the Valkyrie and Swarm of the Marro already set a precedent of just having a lot of cool units summoned from various places.

That said, I wouldn't mind taking a slightly more blended approach with the way that Swarm of the Marro did things, where there is a specific reason that these generals are doing this behind the scenes. The easiest answer is that another Wellspring has appeared isolated in the Sea of Sand, but we could also play into the lore of Thormun's Journal and the 15 amulets if we want (perhaps the Cryptoliths are similar mysterious artifacts that might lead to the other amulets or wellsprings). Some simple reason like that gives us plenty of reason for each general to send some new troops out to secure the area, and we can explore that more through scenarios.

I don't like calling the weirded out tiles (the dark purple ones from Shadows Over Innistrad) swamp. We've already got swamp terrain, and it looks pretty different. I'd like to tie them in to the story behind the Cryptoliths (wherever those things originated from) and have some scenarios focusing on that. They feel like they would be a good setting for the final scenario in a campaign to me.