View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Possible Master 3 announcement upcoming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I'm really convinced that 'wave 9' will in fact be a new Master set. There has been an apparent push to put more terrain out there of late, and I think HasWotC really does listen to what the 'people want'. I'd bet that the reason it took so God-Awful long to get a press release is that they had to take a while to design the terrain, prototype it, playtest it, and then go to production.

To further my position, I think that the reason that they are reprinting Wave 1 in the same timeframe we were expecting W9 to release is that they are hoping to get new players involved. Think about it - if a new master set comes out, people that have maybe never played go out and get one, then get hooked. The first thing I did when I got hooked was see what other boosters were available, and if Wave 1 came out at the same time as when I got started - well I'd pick up every one on the shelf.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Not that I know the ratio, but I think there are too many commons in W9 for it to be converted to a MS (keep in mind Wave 9 was already done before the WotC transfer).
Actually, it's brilliant - if they put a ton of commons in a new master set it will force us to buy 4 master sets each!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog