View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2019, 10:52 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Leyline Phantoms) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Maybe they could be a genetically engineered species made by the Primadons to combat the Marro? Or even vice versa?
That's an interesting thought. I think I still lean toward Arctorus or some other space-y planet, but I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

As for their powers, here's what I got to thinking recently:

SHIFT
Before or after moving, you may place a [Spooky Alien] on any empty space within 2 spaces. [Spooky Aliens] will not take leaving engagement attacks while Shifting.

BLINK
When a [Spooky Alien] is targeted for a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, that [Spooky Alien] may immediately move using the Shift special power.

Swapped the names (and trimmed Phase Shift to Shift thanks to @Maklar the Silver Prince ) since Shift sounds more deliberate while Blink sounds more rapid and reactive.

Moving adjacent to the attacker was kind of neat thematically (for the terror angle), but they already have good speed and don't necessarily need it. The new Blink (wording modeled after Spider-Man/Venom) would similarly allow the targeted alien to seek height, or perhaps shadow or jungle, or even duck behind a ruin to avoid the shot altogether (allowing re-targeting like Nakitas succeeding Smoke Powder). Only working against non-adjacent attacks also cuts down on their abuse vs other melee, making them rely on their superior movement and Attack to get there and get first blood. Also opens a tiny door to counter-play, where the opponent can target them to force them off certain spaces, or they stay and risk dying. Then pair with 3 Defense and I think we have a winner.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13