View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Oklahoma Heroscape Event Around NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Actually from what I read of last years GenCon Rules is from memeory and what they used was the DnD BftU Master set rule book, the last comprehensive update to the faq's (sept. 2010 release I believe was the last release), and they allowed Samual Brown but you had to have the printed card and it had to be verified by the judges since it was printed at home, and the figure had to be the official sculpt and had to be clearly designated as Samual Brown seperate form the 4th Mass (I have a painted one of the exact sculpt but am okay with any of the 4th mass being a stand in for Samual Brown as long as it is obvious during the game play that the figure used is Samual Brown.), and Marvel and DnD figures are allowed same as any of the other pieces.
Yes, all of that is fine with me (except for the Marvel part ) and looks like pretty standard fare for a Tournament/Event setting. There might have been a new FAQ since then, but I'm not sure--we'll use the latest one, regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Note: This is not a further push for Marvel on my part, I am just giving you what I know. (I have never actually played either Thanos or the silver surfer myself, but I have beat Thanos more than once).

Oh and my Daughter is in favor of Marvel also (her heroscapers ID is Supergirl193). We tend to use Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Venom the most but I have used the Hulk a couple of times too.
I have also beat Thanos, but that's not the point. I would hate to see someone bring Thanos/Surfer + 3xDeathreavers, because that just be really annoying for their opponent. I'll add your daughter to the list, but I would not get my hopes up too high about Marvel being a part of the event--and I would keep my hopes even lower about any Marvels over 300 points. (Although I admit that Hulk and Abomination are not as bad as Surfer and Thanos).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV