View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2021, 04:07 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I'll add to what others have said: I'm a fan of the design overall, and it was a close vote. I think that with some tweaks, the Wulfing Hunters would stand a good chance of making it to testing. It's ultimately your decision for whether you want to alter the design for a resubmission, but if you choose to do so, I'd be happy to continue offering feedback on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

I am quite confident that, for some (or all) designers, it must be an unpleasant surprise to get over the public hurdle, only to stumble at the hidden one. I regret that it happens, but I won't apologize for taking our role seriously. If a designer can't persuade a simple majority of C3V voters that a unit belongs in the canon, then perhaps it's just not that design's time. Scytale (or anyone) may have a different view of what happens and how things came to be the way they are, and I encourage them to share, if they want.

If you're interested in discussing our internal objections more, I encourage you to tag a few of us in your own design thread, and I expect someone will be along to discuss the issues with you. There are some specifics that Scy and I have glossed over, but if you want to hear them, I'll share.
I'd also like to encourage any Inner Sanctum members to publicly raise concerns, too, for what it's worth. Public submitters are not privy to the internal conversation, which makes the process feel opaque. Scytale does an excellent job of summarizing the discussion each time, but I think that most submitters would be happier if some of this feedback was raised earlier in the process so that they can consider it before testing and the submission. The Pre-SoV Workshop is a great thread for anyone to monitor for units that haven't yet made it to the Inner Sanctum, I think, and it'd be great to have more non-judge members speak up there to make the internal vote a bit more predictable.