Thread: X-Wing
View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2016, 03:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Does overlapping a ship affect your ability to perform actions?

--

Played two more games with my brother tonight. We've now opened all the apps I've bought so far, but Most Wanted + 1 Headhunter should ship tomorrow...

First game I played the rebels. He played Scum and Villainy (although technically his ships were the rebel versions where applicable
I had
Luke Skywalker + Squad Leader + R2-D2 + Proton Torpedo
T-70, Red Squadron Veteran (because Blue Ace doesn't have an elite upgrade slot! ) + Push the Limit + BB-8 + Flechette Torpedo
T-65, Rookie pilot + Proton Torpedo + R7-T1* (*whichever droid let's you target lock and boost)

He had
Kyle Catarn + upgrades
9-skill Kirhaxz fighter + upgrades
2-skill Y-wing + R2-D2 + Proton Torpedo + Adv. Proton Torpedo

This game went really well for me and I won with only a few shields lost; he resigned when only one of his ships were left. I forget which one.

--

Second game he played the Rebels and I played the Imperiale. I realized partway through picking my squad that I only had two interceptors, not four, which was a bummer for my plans. I decided to do a half-swarm.
I had
Int., Soontir Fel + Swarm Tactics
Mauler Mithel + Expose (I <3 this)
Epsilon Leader
Int., Fel's Wrath
Obsidian Squadron Pilot + Draw Their Fire
Black Squadron Pilot + Draw Their Fire

He had
YT-1300, 1-skill, Gunner, Millennium Falcon title, some other stuff
Yt-2400, 2-skill, some upgrades
Kyle Catarn, Engine Upgrade, some other upgrades

He put a modification on each ship but ended up without much firepower, in spite of us playing 125 points. I opened with my TIEs in a tight mass going down the middle, with one interceptor far out on each flank. When the TIEs closed, the Interceptors swooped in and were easily able to keep his ships always in his their firing arcs all game. The TIE fighters bumped into each other once or twice and in some cases took maneuvers that led them away from the fight, but it all worked out. I won this one pretty well, destroying the Falcon pretty early and getting the 2400 banged up enough for him to surrender after I blew up the HWK. I lost Mithel, my Epsilon Squadron Pilot was down to 1 hull, and both of my Sq. Pilots had taken a critical hit, but altogether it was not a shabby win.

He has resolved to go back to playing lighter, faster ships instead of testing so many bigger slower ones.

--

I still don't have enough X-Wings...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV