View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:21 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Seth - CRB Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
I don't think the intent is clear. Can you still use non-wounding powers on other figures, including bonding powers?
While it does get odd with some powers, for the most part it's clear: you can't use a power that requires you to target/choose a figure, unless you target/choose the other figure locked in by the Mark of Death.
Well, I don't know this guy from comics, but this version of the power is pretty close to a blanket negation, which doesn't seem like the theme you are going for.
I don't see how the version I posted would be a "blanket negation"; for the target, any automatic powers (Healing Factors, Double Attacks, etc.) would still be in affect and any special attacks or offensive powers could still be used on Seth. The only "negation" I can think of would be supportive powers: Mr. Fantastic, for example, couldn't use his leadership ability.

Quote:
I'm not sure what's confusing on Frigga's Magic Blessing. You roll the die as usual. The skull and shield don't let you choose anything. If you roll the blank, then you have to pick Seth.

Never mind, I was thinking Frigga's Magic Blessing worked slightly differently.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I'm not opposed to it, I do like that it's shorter, but it seems to me no matter how we do this it's going to run into some very odd interactions.
I suppose that's true. This version gets closer to what I think is the intended set of effects though.
Hmm. See, I was thinking the emphasis of the character was that the two combatants wouldn't be able to fight any one else at all, which is what my version captured.

SirG, which would be more thematic?

Quote:
When Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of engagement with each other or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. During their turns, if Seth or the chosen figure inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure that is not the other, they receive one wound.
I also really like this direction.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!