View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2022, 01:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: NO POSTING - Heroscape 2.0 News from Designers and Staff

I ALSO also found a few nuggets from DS that I didn't see him post here on 'Scapers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by @In-Vidir-Us
They haven’t said anything about new terrain
That’s not the same as there not being any. That’s just not saying. 😈
Regarding the Dryan Lifeborn Order:
Quote:
As I just posted on 'Scapers, you've already seen that the pirates have an intricate internal bonding relationship.
There is some internal synergy in this faction, but it's pretty straightforward and there isn't much of it.
You are looking at a world in which there are powerful wizards, operating independently from each other.
. . . I should be clear that, when I say "independently from each other," I'm talking about the gameplay. Not the story, which I am not at liberty to discuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Cpt. Stupendous
This is really exciting to hear. I love tight synergy webs within a faction, but I'm also glad that there are also factions with some looser synergies (which presumably can lead to more options in terms of armybuilding?)
That variety was important. You'll see some new types of synergy, some old synergy, and some non-synergy.
And regarding people concerned about the minute change in scale:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbizzy
I haven't kept up with the news this week but I just watched Tabletop Bro's most recent update video and he mentioned that 2.0 figures will be on a somewhat larger scale (similar to other tabletop games)

Does anybody know if we've gotten more info on this?
What the hell?

Heroscape has had its own slight variations in mini scale over time. I am not aware of anything that would confirm or reject this particular claim, though.

Everything will be backward compatible. The terrain, the minis, etc.

I am looking at images of new minis, all next to good ole' Sgt. Drake Alexander for scale. People should not be worried about compatibility.

D&D 'Scape used actual D&D minis, and the scale (with some noticeable exceptions) didn't seem to be a problem.

Ok. I have held prototype minis for this game in my hand and not noticed a difference. Perhaps some will, but I did not. Heck, the C3V has used D&D minis for years and I haven't seen a scale problem.

As I said, Heroscape itself had a slight variation in scale over its years of official production. I am hopeful that people will not, once they have the minis for this game in hand, find that it's distracting. If there is a difference at all.

The level of detail is more consistent with the higher quality of good modern minis games.
The minis are amazing.

FWIW, and I haven't watched, if there was a misunderstanding of something that Chris said at the GenCon booth, it wouldn't be the first one I've seen. GenCon is loud and exhausting and there is sometimes a slight gap between the question asked and the answer answered. I do know that it was a deliberate choice to go in the direction of modern, detailed minis this time, and it may be that that's what he was talking about. I don't know.

There is also variation within the universe of D&D minis, too, which unfortunately is reflected in the Death Knights sculpts, in 'Scape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates
If you hold the Tarn Viking Warriors up next to D&D figures (Heroscape or otherwise) you will notice a difference in scale. It's not huge, it's not a major issue for gameplay or anything. But it is a difference.
I believe you, but D&D and Heroscape are both inconsistent internally, so I don't see what the issue is.
If new 'Scape will be consistent with Heroscape sizing conventions, forgiving as those conventions are, then I think that's the end of the inquiry.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV