View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2021, 10:58 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: OEAO's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I can agree with the Mimring assessment. And Mimring is certainly better with AGs purely based on Fire Line itself. GWs WANT to be around Mimring which makes them more likely to be in the way of Fire Line. Note also that if you can get a good fire line but have to move away from GWs and/or Raelin to do so, GWs are might not be optimizable. With the AGs, fire lining your own figure is less concerning. It’s similar to Quahon with Spiders, and a part of the reason why Spiders are better for her (cheaper, more expendable). That’s not even talking about Disengage or their range.

I do find it slightly odd to knock AGs on their offensive ability when that’s not really where their value comes from. It’s like saying the Deathreavers are bad because they don’t provide offense. (Sure, Rats can screen for a lot more armies but the identity of the unit is the same. Also, AGs will always be taking turns unreliant on Scatter to keep a screen and they provide slightly better offense anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I'm not convinced that 17 AGs are better than 12 GSWs in that build either.
I think it’s a common rule of thumb to not take more points in GWs than your Dragon, meaning a max 3 squads of GWs. That’s 9 GWs, if not just 6 at the lower end of competitive point totals. Compare that to AGs.

Spoiler Alert!

Always 6 figures ahead. Interestingly, 520-525 might be their competitive plateau. From there, other squads can up their numbers so they can trade equally and still have room for range support. I think this is most obvious from Boromir’s VCheese army (Knights x4, Gilbert, Raelin, MW). Knights below that point total have to sacrifice something: A squad or two, range support, Raelin, or a combination of those.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I need more results. Plus, most of those Nilf armies you listed are unoptimized; Marro Warriors + Filler is much worse than getting the 3rd squad of Greenscales. For example, at 450, the best Nilf army is Nilf, Rae, 3x Greenies. Marro Warriors just aren't necessary when you already have a dragon.