View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2019, 09:57 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] HONORED SOUL-GUIDES (Lantern Geists) - Design

I'm just going to put this out there since you're looking at a redesign anyway.

What you have (or had, originally) are creepy-looking undead things that enslave people and force them to keep fighting. Or at least that's how they'll appear on the battlefield. I did not think that when I read through them, because right away I saw they followed Jandar, and Jandar = good. That, along with the unit and power name, led me to understand what you were going for.

But the goal of this project, at least partially, is to make something accessible to new players. New players won't have the context of Jandar = good. They'll see creepy undead things, and a general who recruits creepy undead things.

I think the soul-guides concept is really neat and wonderfully outside-the-box, but that runs contrary to the goals of the project. Cool, but wrong for the target market.