View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2021, 08:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: New Heroscape Terrain "Quick-Sand" - Collaborate rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Other than the "Weird Tiles," I don't really want to create any scenario-driven unique rules for the basic terrain.
Sure, but stacked sand has exactly 0 special rules. Also, do grass/rock/sand even had names officially? I think that's just what we've gotten used to calling them, but since they don't have any special rules they're not actually named in the rulebooks.
Yes, the Rise of the Valkyrie rulebook specifically refers to Grass, Water, Rock, and Sand tiles.

I want to say that they were also used in one of the scenarios somewhere (something along the lines of Sand becoming mud because of rain in one of the scenarios), but I couldn't find it when looking through my old RotV scenario book and may be thinking of something user-made there instead of an online-exclusive scenario. In that regard, I suppose that I could buy something similar if the added rules are fairly light and thematically intuitive.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
(See also: 3D hexes =/= quicksand. Maybe we should change the thread title, @lefton4ya ?)
Seconded for the title change. Adding the [AotV] tag to the title of the thread should help it be more immediately apparent that this thread is now focused on the project.
Yes. @lefton4ya could you update the thread title to [AotP] Terrain Rules Discussion? That way it covers whatever we end up calling the 3D hexes, and we could do 'weird' terrain here, too (unless everyone would rather have a separate thread for that.
Weird Terrain will eventually need its own thread for special rules, I think, so perhaps we should keep those brainstorming processes separate? Each thread could probably be in the AotV Maps & Scenarios subforum when we get around to it.

Also, the thread tag should actually be [AotV] for Arena of the Valkyrie, not the Arena of the Planeswalkers game that we're using. Perhaps we should have chosen a different acronym.