View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2022, 01:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: caps's Customs Redux - Pathfinder Archer Bard

Thanks so much for your comments, y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Looks like some great designs in progress.

I'm interested in trying the Paladin sometime. I feel that the life of 6 is somewhat of a theme break because this is a gnome. At the sturdiest I'd imagine life of 5 on a creature that is from a small species like this (and I'd want them to be a barbarian) but more casually I'd see them at 4 life which would help in lowering the point cost. I get that the higher life helps facilitate the ability functioning without making the unit just paper thin though so I'm on board
Gnomes are actually quite sturdy in Pathfinder (her hit points are average or above-average for a melee character of her level, which is consistent with 6 life). However, 5 life is more restrained and that's a quality I tend to like in a design. I'll probably make that change, especially since she is so capable of healing herself.
Quote:
Smite evil really does feel essential to the design because this is currently a figure with low action economy and no bonding options (unless you have something hidden away ). So having the extra damage against evildoers makes the design fun.
I have no synergy plans for this design; I just wanted to find a way to capture my character in Heroscape. I do think she would be very effective in a Dungeon Crawl scenario. I think her action economy is actually unusually good, since she heals other heroes for "free" at the start of her turn and can heal herself or someone next to her after moving and before attacking. This is actually a key feature of the "Oradin" build in Pathfinder as well; it is the only build that can actually do in-combat healing effectively while still doing damage.
I do like playing all-hero armies, and figures that can help other heroes (see Frēodwēn's Inspire Courage above) introduce some natural soft synergy. Quiella has two such powers.

Quote:
If you ever find a gnome on a reindeer for a figure then I'd definitely want it as a mainstay for my table!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
LIFE LINK
Begin the game with a Life Link marker. Before taking a turn with Quiella, if there is a Life Link marker on a friendly Army Card, you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible. After moving and instead of attacking with Quiella, you may place the Life Link marker on an adjacent figure.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this mechanic! I've also been re-ignited by the recent news, though to tell you the truth the more I see the more upset I get with not having thought of that great idea first!
Thank you! The idea is not completely original to me; it is inspired by a power of the same name in Pathfinder.

Quote:
SO you have it worded that removing a Life Link marker = 2 decisions. Idk if I'm just having a hard time reading it but it seems like there's one outcome missing?

Quote:
LIFE LINK
...if there is a Life Link marker on a friendly Army Card, you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.
I think it's missing the outcome of what happens when you remove the Life Link Marker, least that's how I'm reading it.
When you remove the Life Link marker it is no longer on a card. She would have to sacrifice making an attack in order to place it again. However, I could probably simplify things by doing away with the ability for her to move the marker around. The only question then would be whether she can "opt out" of healing the other character.

Gah, I probably also need wording about her not healing figures that are dead. I wonder if the rules specify anything about wound markers being removed from the card when a figure is destroyed?
Quote:
Quote:
...you may either remove that Life Link marker or transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.
I get what you're trying to say (I do the same thing all the time), I think this might just need more specifics to help understand the ruling. I.E saying "the chosen Army Card to Quiella's Army Card." so it's clear who is involved and where something is going specifically.

Hope this comes across constructive and helpful!
The marker doesn't need to be on any army card. It can go to an unspecified location until a power says to place it somewhere again. You'll note that at the start of the game, the marker just exists--the power doesn't specify that it exists on any one card.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV