View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2019, 12:53 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!
Brewter's Battles

We had a Michigan Vs Ohio battle at Findlay with 12 competitors.

Format was 400-pt General Wars w/ Wandering Monster

The army I brought was

4x Axegrinders 280
Mogrimm Forgehammer 120
TOTAL 400

My final Record was 4-2

Round 1 vs Father of Julian with Zombies, 2 Zombie Hulks, and Rats
LOSS
"We had them in the first half, not gonna lie." I underestimated this army when I had made several initial squad kills, but for the last half of the game he regained advantage with Zombies Rise Again, gaining ~43 points on me every time he killed a dwarf. We went to time, and the points did not shake out in my favor. Father of Julian is always a hard battle, a great player and really fun with the banter. Defeat!

Round 2 vs Q9, KMA, and Siege
WIN
I have to admit, I'm always afraid of Q9 even if I adore the figure. My strategy was to bum-rush Q9 and get it dead as fast as possible since I get +1 dice against it. Eventually I was able to take it down, and Victory followed shortly after. Siege was a tough one to crack, though. Win!

Round 3 vs Arktos, Varkaanans, B-11s, and Bol
WIN
I was pretty confident going into this one, as the bulk of the army was Large. It was a tough fight once the B-11's showed up, and the very last B-11 only had to deal with 1 Dwarf and Mogrimm, but fortunately I won the last initiative and victory was mine.

Round 4 vs Shades, Phantom Knights, Frost Giant, and Isamu
WIN
The PKs were a tough match as their Stealth Flying always seemed to mean they had height on me no matter what. Fortunately though my rolls were decent and we cleaned up. Another win!

Round 5 REMATCH vs Father of Julian
WIN
After underestimating the Zombies for Round 1, I wasn't going to forget that against this army, it's not over 'till it's over! I had to play very tight to win this one, and I was extra careful never to give up height if I could, because my average stats were dependent on the zombies not matching up. I also focused my attention on any groupings of 3 Zombies, as I knew killing one would mean I could rest assured that a third would be too slow to join the fight and Onslaught me.

Round 6 FINALS vs JU with Stingers, Tul-Bak-Ra, and Nagrub filler
LOSS
This was an insanely close game. The terrain played a major role as there were 2 big spots for height and I was hellbent on rushing up the hills before the Stingers solidified a position up there. My downfall, I think, was Twofold. One being I didn't play as solidly against Tul-Bak-Ra as I could have, and the reinforcements teleporting in were huge. Two, was JU is far too good at knowing when to drain and when not to. He played insanely well, and that won him the game. Good Game!

Sorry I don't remember the username of everyone for their particular army, but if you were there and played me let me know!