View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2019, 04:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I guess part of it for me is I don't really see much tension, like to me you'd use the movement power in the first round and after that it just doesn't feel like it would get much use (outside of pretty big maps). It's not like you're giving up all movement for Shootout or anything, so to me you get plenty of board positioning just by spreading out your OMs and going for Shootout.

The other part is I just don't like how the powers sort of work the same, but not quite. It makes for a lot of text and it feels kinda inelegant and potentially confusing. Also a bit weird to me that the movement power is so much more restricted than the attacking power, if anything I'd expect the reverse.

IDK, I just think the design would benefit from either a simpler movement power or rolling the two powers into one unified power using bullet points. It's just a little discordant to me at the moment.
These are all good points.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV