View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Getting my boyfriend to be more accepting of customs

Welcome to the site!

Well this is an interesting case. Honestly, my advice is that if he doesn't want to play with customs, don't force him to. Or at the least, allow for an equal amount of customs-allowed games, and official-only games.
I'm not going to lie, I don't get why somebody would be against them to that degree, but if somebody has mental hangups they can be hard to change. Pressuring them into changing is just going to make them dig their heels in deeper.
If you still want him to get more into customs, try going with the big official projects. C3V or C3G if he likes superheroes. Get the correct figures that match the cards, rebase them if you can, and print out the card on a fancy cardstock. Both of these projects make a large effort to maintain that "official" feel that so many of us custom-makers just can't do on our own.