View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2018, 08:33 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Astroking112 has playtested M.A.R.S. more than anyone else, and it sounds like he has not found him to be as potent as you suspect him to be. How much weight does this hold? Deathwalker 8000 has the potential to destroy everything within range, just like Laglor, and while you're right, we should take it into consideration, I feel like you're over reacting. As we all know, Deathwalker 8000 isn't A+ tier, and he's a great example of how you can't look at the best possible situation in the game, and say with certainty that it is overpowered. I have heard of games where 8000 has wiped the board, and he could certainly do that in any game he is used in, but he just doesn't. The Zettian Deathwings are a surprisingly good comparison to M.A.R.S.. They have more versatility, mobility, attack power, and for less than half the price... If they aren't OP, what makes you so sure that M.A.R.S. will be?

Incidentally, the Airborne Elite can hit 28 different figures, they can hit the same figure up to 4 times, they don't require line of sight, and they are only 50 points. Of course that's an attack of 2, rather than 3, and they have to re-roll for each set of 7 potential targets, and they can only do it once per game... I've played games where the Airborne kill 16 figures on a round 1 turn 1 drop. M.A.R.S. is slow enough that getting to a startzone early enough for anything like this to happen (unless the map is bad, and very small) is going to be pretty low. Should we be aware of that low chance? Yes. Should that have significant impact on his price? Maybe a slight impact, but no more.

Or at least, this is how I'm seeing it. I'm not a judge though, so...
Airborne Elite cost 110, and there is MUCH more risk involved for their Special attack on the startzone of an opposing army. Getting the drop, Exposing the AE and then having to win Init. A One-Shot special where their max attack dice is 2(vs 3).

DW8000/Laglor - Sure could they wipe a board? The Odds of rolling enough attack dice or valkyrie dice are waaay waaay lower. DW8000 also carries that 1 life chance of dying quickly on any hit.

I think this figures potency is far above these two listed. Having the ability to choose two different figures and all their surrounding hexes with a six range(He can cover most competitive heroscape boards from being in the middle.).

Thematically it also doesn't make sense to me either. The idea of missiles pounding an area means that the Cyborg has to lock in its target and the missiles come out fast and furious. Accuracy isn't thought about, it is pure decimation. The idea that the missiles hit one target, then swivel and hit another target accurately... A huge reach IMO.

I think there are some solid ideas here, I would ditch the idea of hitting two different figures and reduce it to one and focus on a way to make his Hex Busting attack unique from other attacks that also target figures and surrounding figures.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.