View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Feedback on rules summary for novice tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
No one really cares; your army should perform fine regardless if you have a larger or smaller ruin. Generally, you just walk to a map and sit down on a side of the table and start getting your area set up; especially if the tourney uses long banquet hall-style tables, it's a pain to try to move around it.

That makes sense. I can see how it would save time as well. I've never actually attended a tournament, so I'm diving in host this "friends and family" one based on the advice and ideas posted on this site. If goes well, then hopefully I can work with our FLGS to host a public tourney.
Yeah, it's kinda just a situation of do what you want; it really doesn't make a big difference one way or another. If you want to roll for placement, go for it. If you don't, don't bother. Assuming the map is mostly symmetric to where one side doesn't have a substantial advantage over the other, the side doesn't really matter.